Would you like to have a beautiful crafted brick barbecue in the garden of your house? Without a doubt they are the best thing there is for meetings with friends. However, are you sure they are what you need? Shouldn’t you get to know them a little better first?
Best brick bbqs on the market
Table of Content
- 1 Best brick bbqs on the market
- 2 Types of Brick BBQs
- 3 Best Masonry BBQ with Chimney on the Market
- 4 What advantages does this type of Brick BBQ offer you?
- 5 How to know if a Brick Barbecue is for you
- 6 What will be the best location for your Brick Barbecue?
- 7 I want to paint my mansonry or brick barbeque , is it a difficult work?
- 8 How to clean a Brick BBQ
- 9 How to make a barbecue of work
- 10 DIY Tools to build your Brick BBQ
- 11 Assembling a brick bbq step-by-step :
- 12 Visit the Most easy to assembly brick bbq grill kit
Types of Brick BBQs
Before you think about buying a grill barbecue kit, you know that there are two types? Those that have a chimney and those that don’t. Each one covers a series of needs. However, what are the differences between one or the other?
- Mansonry BBQ or Barbecue with Chimney: These channel the air better, which helps create better combustion and smoke conduction. In addition, sparks can be better controlled. They turn out to be quite practical, since the smoke does not go directly to the face. On the other hand, they are usually more aesthetically pleasing and have a more defined finish.
- Brick BBQ or Masonry Barbecue without Chimney: It helps to have a better vision of the food that is being cooked, because there are no barriers that prevent the vision of what is being cooked. This helps you to be able to cook the dishes better. However, the smoke goes straight to your face, which can be annoying.
Best Masonry BBQ with Chimney on the Market
What advantages does this type of Brick BBQ offer you?
Surely you have already looked at several projects to build yourself a construction site barbecue. But the advantages it offers are just what you need? Check it out!
- Its main advantage is the size, being able to build it in the form and with the design that is of the taste of the owner.
- Since they are manufactured with brick, stone or clay they are usually more durable than coal or gas models.
- They are quite comfortable, since they will always be assembled and ready to make a barbecue.
- Due to their large size, a lot of food can be cooked when there are meetings with several people.
- They do not require much maintenance and are easy to clean.
- For combustion, coal or wood is used, so you will have the same as in a charcoal barbecue but much more durable.
- It can be integrated into the environment if it is made with the same materials as those in the house.
How to know if a Brick Barbecue is for you
Having a barbecue is the anchor of every outdoor food lover. Now, are you sure you wouldn’t be better off buying a different style? Here’s what you need to consider before you buy a built-to-order barbecue!
- Space: It is true that there are small construction barbecues, but the best thing about this type is that they are large in order to enjoy their full potential. If you have a big garden, or a lot of land, you shouldn’t worry. But if it’s small, you should look at other options.
- Budget: No, don’t worry. These days, building site barbecues are quite inexpensive. You can easily find models around 50-70 pounds, but they are very basic. A good built barbecue can cost more than 1,000 pounds. However, once it is assembled, you will have a barbecue for life.
- Use: More in the frequency of use, when thinking about buying a barbecue work or not, you have to think, where do you like to make barbecues? Do you like to make them at home or go to the countryside and do it there with friends? Remember that these barbecues are fixed and cannot be moved.
- Style: Once you have decided whether you want a barbecue with or without a bell, it is time to choose the style. There are two models: modern and vintage. The retro style is an exact representation of early 20th century barbecues, but with the comforts of modern BBQ models. On the other hand, the modern ones have a more striking aesthetic.
What will be the best location for your Brick Barbecue?
The great advantage of mobile barbecues is that you can move them around whenever you want, until you find the most suitable one. But this will not be the case with a construction site barbecue. So in this case you will have to think a lot about where you are going to install it.
You should avoid at all costs to be near doors or windows. If it is a barbecue with a bell, which helps to send the fumes to the sky, there will be no problem. But what if you buy one without a bell? All the fumes can end up inside the house and it is very annoying.
Nor should it be installed near the area where your guests eat. It is true that it is pleasant to receive the smell of food at the grill or barbeque, but not the smoke. Also avoid being near a pool area. The floor of the barbecue area should be made of slabs, to avoid that if any spark jumps it could cause a fire.
I want to paint my mansonry or brick barbeque , is it a difficult work?
You may not like the color of your new construction barbecue, or as time goes by you may get bored with the color it has. In that case, what can you do? Paint it yourself! Painting a barbecue is very easy, and we will explain you step by step how to do it:
- Delimit the area you want to paint, using masking tape or a thick tape that allows you to separate the areas to be painted.
- To close the pores of the concrete blocks will have to throw a waterproof background before starting to paint.
With everything ready, it’s time to paint. For the corners use a thick brush, while the larger surface is better to use a roller. Thanks to the fixer, the paint will stay stuck.
- You will have to wait until the paint dries before continuing. Once it is dry, apply a second coat with a special paint for exteriors, first with the brush and then with the roller.
- Once the paint is dry, remove the tape and apply a special effect to the concrete of your barbecue. Thanks to this it will look like your barbecue is completely new.
How to clean a Brick BBQ
It is not necessary to be cleaning the barbecue site every two by three. In fact, with annual maintenance you can have a lifetime cooking partner. Now, it is recommended that you do at least a little maintenance.
In order to clean it you have to use coffee grounds, oil and newspaper. Use a brush to remove all the ashes from the barbecue. Clean that area, and put newspaper. Using the coffee grounds, rub the newspapers and the grill, so you can remove the grease that is embedded. The remains will remain on the newspaper.
Finally, using the oil you have to go over each of the bars of the grill. This will help prevent them from rusting. A process that will take you only half an hour and you will have it shining, as if it were new.
BBQ Cleaning Stone
How to make a barbecue of work
Although there are companies that can assemble your barbecue work, what if you want to make a barbecue authentic home made? You don’t have to be very handy to assemble the barbecue you have bought.
Materials you will need:
- Silicone gun
- Putty (to withstand high temperatures)
Assembling a brick bbq step-by-step :
- Once you have chosen a level and rigid place (it must not be loose or very soft soil) you must place the base of the barbecue with a slat. Fix the pieces to the ground using the putty.
- Then, you have to assemble the sink piece, the work area and the grill part. The putty is the best way to fix it, but you must join each piece also with a little cement to ensure its resistance.
- Waiting for the structure to dry a little, place the grill (remember that it must be adapted to the shape of your grill).
- The chimney, the hood, the leak and the fans need to be installed. Some models may not have a hood or fans, it all depends on the money you have decided to spend on your construction site barbecue.