The good weather is coming, and it’s cast iron bbq time! How? Your old barbecue is no longer working and you have to buy a new one? You won’t have any problem! You can buy a fantastic iron grill barbecue!
Yes, yes, iron. And right now we’re going to give you the reasons why you should buy it, as well as learning what the best maintenance is for it and the best way to get the most out of it.
Catalog of Cast Iron BBQs
Table of Content
- 1 Catalog of Cast Iron BBQs
- 2 Types of cast iron bbq
- 3 What are the advantages of cast iron bbqs and grills?
- 4 Is the cast iron bbq perfect for you? Find out!
- 5 Maintaining a cast iron barbecue
- 6 How to Assemble the Cast Iron Kenna BBQ
- 7 How to cook in a Cast Iron BBQ
- 8 Replacements for your cast iron grill bbq
Strong iron material, high grade temperature resistance and long durability. A barbecue for ever!
Types of cast iron bbq
Certainly there are not as many types of iron barbecues as there are of a construction site barbecue, but, little by little, the catalogues of the big brands have been extended, adding more and more compact and practical models.
- With hood: This is perhaps one of the most recent models. This type of barbecues simulates the design of the barbecues with bell, only that they are made of cast iron. They are very good for cooking meat, but they have the problem that they have to be fixed in a corner of the house, as well as they require more maintenance than the rest of the models.
- Without lid: They are the most economic models of the market. An iron barbecue that consists of one or two grills, a work area and a couple of shelves to keep the kitchen utensils. Generally, they have a rectangular shape.
- With lid: They are the best for making meat, vegetables and fish. The system is not very different from that of the barbecues without a lid, only that of these models we can find both round and rectangular shapes. They have thermometers to measure the temperature, and some extra functions to cook the food better.
- With wheels: Do you only go to take the barbecue out from time to time? Do you go to campsites? Then you will be interested in an iron barbecue with wheels. Cheaper models can be a problem, because the wheels are usually made of hard plastic. But there are quite cheap designs with wheels that move very well over any terrain.
- Fixed: This type of barbecue is designed to be mounted in one place. If you want to take it to another place, you have to dismantle it each time. It can be with or without a lid.
- Grill: A portable design to be able to use the barbecue wherever you want. It can have or not a cover, and they are perfect to use in the garden, balcony, terrace or in a camping. If you’re a big outdoor barbecue fan, you’ll need this one!
What are the advantages of cast iron bbqs and grills?
You’re not going to spend money on an cast iron bbqe if it’s not going to offer you an advantage over other guys, right? This is all you’ll benefit from if you buy one!
- They are much cheaper than a brick or stainless steel barbecue.
- Iron is a material that keeps more heat, so they are perfect for making any kind of meat, fish or vegetables.
- You can cook your food with both charcoal and wood. Although there are models that only allow one type of combustion.
- Some models have different levels on the grill, or have areas where the heat does not reach as much, allowing food to be cooked with different cooking points.
- It doesn’t take up as much space as a cast iron one, and you can store it when you are not going to use it.
- There are small portable models, which weigh very little, so you can take them anywhere!
- They are resistant to shocks and environmental conditions, so they do not require so much maintenance. However, they do need a little more constant cleaning than other models.
Is the cast iron bbq perfect for you? Find out!
You know its advantages, but now you have to ask yourself one question: is the iron barbecue right for you? Now we’ll check it out!
- Space: The great advantage of this type of barbecue is that it does not require as much space as other models, unless you buy one with a hood. The only thing you have to worry about when you take it out is that it is on a smooth surface, if possible wood or stone, and that’s it. Then you put it back in the garage and that’s it!
- Budget: In the market you will find all kinds of cast iron bbq, some of them with very accessible prices of about 50 euros and others that can perfectly reach 500. That is a great advantage of these models, that there are so many that it costs a lot not to find one that fits your budget!
- Frequency of use: Are you a sporadic barbecuer? Then iron barbecues are perfect for you. Since most models are dismountable or portable, you can remove them when you’re not using them and leave the space free for other activities. And if you’re a multitasker, you know you can buy a small grill for cooking.
- Location: Knowing where to place your barbecue is key, and you may not have the right place for it. An iron barbecue should be on a smooth surface, trying to avoid it being made of grass. If you have a wooden terrace, it will be perfect. However, a stone surface is always better.
Maintaining a cast iron barbecue
Although iron barbecues today are designed to cope with environmental conditions, this does not mean that you do not have to do a little maintenance from time to time.
First of all, there will be cleaning after each use. If you don’t do this, the pieces of meat will stick to the grill, and the charcoal will stick to the walls. Then it costs a lot to remove it, so do it after each use. Secondly, there would be the general cleaning that would have to be done every five or six uses, to remove any remaining coal, soot or food that could spoil the taste of the dishes you prepare.
And finally, maintenance to help the structure be in perfect condition at all times, for which you will have to treat the iron with special materials, and give it a good coat of paint from time to time. Are you interested in learning how to clean an iron barbecue? Follow the steps indicated here!
How to Assemble the Cast Iron Kenna BBQ
The mos popular cast iron grill barbecue, with hundred of sales and happy customers. Don´t doubt this is a great investment!
How to cook in a Cast Iron BBQ
Don´t limit the use of your cast iron grill barbecue for parties with friends and family. Use your cast iron bbq to cook the perfect breakfast every morning.