When it comes to buying a gas bbq or grill barbecue, there are many models available. Among the most sold ones, gas barbecues stand out for being fast, efficient and economically priced.
Best gas bbqs on the market, discover them!
Table of Content
- 1 Best gas bbqs on the market, discover them!
- 2 What are the advantages of these Gas BBQs?
- 3 How to choose the ideal gas bbq?
- 4 How to use a gas bbq correctly?
- 5 How do you clean a gas bbq?
- 6 Best gas bottles for bbq
- 7 Find the perfect Gas BBQ Regulator for your barbecue
- 8 Where should you put your gas bbq?
- 9 Stainless steel gas bbq
What are the advantages of these Gas BBQs?
Exactly what advantages do they have so that you decide to buy for a gas barbecue? First of all it is the speed of the ignition. You only have to press a button and wait about 5 minutes to start. This helps to make the cooking task faster and with much more room for improvisation.
For some, a barbecue is associated with making a big smoke. The smoke is not unpleasant for many people, but for those who do, gas barbecues are perfect. They do not generate smoke when lighting or cooking, which makes them much healthier.
Another remarkable advantage is that these barbecues allow a better control of the power. With other barbecues, like charcoal ones, you should place the charcoal evenly on each side of the barbecue so that the heat is well distributed. With gas barbecues you don’t have to, because you can light one area or another of the barbecue by pressing a few buttons.
Moreover, the intensity of the heat is totally adjustable, with wood or charcoal barbecues, the flames can grow until they touch the food, and they can burn the surface and leave the inside too raw.
Gas bbqs usually have a longer life than a charcoal barbecue. The greater durability of these barbecues means that, although the investment is greater for buying a barbecue with superior characteristics, the long investment is more profitable and therefore, the gas barbecue is cheaper.
On the other hand there is the issue of safety. Since it uses gas, these barbecues are much safer than coal ones, because the probabilities that an ember could jump because of the wind and cause a fire are reduced. With this type of barbecue you don’t have to worry.
Space for some could be a problem, as gas barbecues are usually very large. However, nowadays there are small and even portable gas barbecues for those who want to go to the country or don’t have that much space in the garden.
How to choose the ideal gas bbq?
Are you not sure what you should consider when buying your gas barbecue? It can be difficult to see so many models on the market, but these are the things to consider:
- The size: What size do you need for your gas bbq? Think that these are bigger than other types of barbecues, so you may need a lot of space. But, if your idea is to take it with you when you go on a trip, you’ll have to look for a more compact model.
- Will you be using it often: do you like to have family gatherings, or are you only going to buy it for special occasions? Depending on what you want it for, you will be interested in a cheaper model or invest in a more expensive one.
- Lid or no lid: Did you know that there are models of gas bbqs that are sold without a lid? This is what is commonly known as a gas grill. It is much better if it has a lid, because it helps the food to be made better. But you still like the way the food looks without a lid.
- Location: Although the location of a gas barbecue is not as hard to decide as with a charcoal one, it is important to check that you have the necessary space to install it.
How to use a gas bbq correctly?
Do you think that grilling on a gas barbecue is something you will learn in one day? Of course not! If you want the food you prepare on it to be perfect, you will have to learn a series of tricks:
- The grill is always clean: Does that seem obvious to you? For many it is not so obvious. It is true that this type of butane barbecue does not need to be cleaned as much as others, but the smoke from the grill leaves a bad taste in the food if it is not cleaned well. Besides, the fat generated by the heat will also stick to the grill, and this can spoil the taste of some dishes. For example, if you’ve cooked fish before, and you don’t clean it well, the taste could stick to the meat.
- Watch out for bursts: Yes, gas barbecues are safe, but when the fat in the food mixes with a spark, or flame, an unexpected burst can occur. To avoid this, you must have an empty part of the grill, so you can move the food in case the flame rises.
- Sugar and heat, what do you need to know: There are foods that are cooked with sauces, and these are very rich in sugar. Sugar burns when it reaches a temperature of 130º C. When you cook this type of food, you should make sure that your barbecue does not exceed this temperature.
- Always keep an eye on the barbecue: It’s great fun to be at a meeting with friends and family while the bbq is busy preparing the dishes, but are you going to leave it unattended? One mistake and it could spoil the cooking point, cause a fire or go out without you noticing and spoil your evening.
- Perfect cooking point: Gas barbecues can reach a temperature of up to 300º C. This does not mean that all the food you are going to cook with it must be done at this temperature. For example, lamb, pork or beef should be cooked at a high temperature, but fish, vegetables or chicken should be cooked at medium heat. You will have to be patient with the cooking times.
- Do you know how to use the seal: To get the best taste in a barbecue, the seal is one of the great secrets of the cooking in this type of instruments. It helps to give an excellent flavour to the meat, such as caramelised. To do this, you must heat the grill to the maximum, place the meat and wait a minute. After the minute, turn it over, reduce the heat and finish cooking.
- Learn to use indirect heat: To grill some types of meat, such as chicken, it is better to use indirect heat. To do this, turn off the burners under the meat and only light those in the corners. In this way the meat will not be overcooked and will have a unique texture.
How do you clean a gas bbq?
If this is the first time you have had a gas barbecue, you may not be sure how to clean it. There are two types of cleaning for this type of barbecue; one after each use and the annual one.
For the general one you will have to light the barbecue, with the cover of the oven closed, during about 20 minutes. This way you will burn the remains of fat and food, achieving a quick partial cleaning. After 20 minutes, turn off the barbecue and let it cool down. Then disconnect the gas cylinder and the burners. Use a brass brush to clean the grill, and then use a sponge soaked in mild soap (containing neutral pH) and warm water. You will have to do the same with the baffles. Do not use abrasive products, as this will damage the enamel of the barbecue.
What about the rest of the barbecue? One or two a year will be enough. For the burners you will have to remove them, removing the back clip, and wash them with a steel barbecue brush. Make sure you are cleaning the holes in the burners, thus ensuring maximum cleanliness. To clean the interior well, you can use a watering hose, introducing it through the hole. Once finished, let it dry.
The lid is the easiest area to clean, as you only need a sponge, barbecue cleaner and warm water. In case of white stains, or corrosion, you can use cooking oil. Dip a cloth in this oil and apply it in a circular motion.
The side trays will depend on the material. If it is wood, you can use teak oil, but if it is steel, better use a barbecue cleaner. Finally, the floor. This type of barbecue can generate stains that are very difficult to clean. Therefore, it is better to install a barbecue pad or mats for splashes.
Best gas bottles for bbq
Buy the best quality of gas bottles for your bbq or gill barbecue is important to keep your guest and you safe.
See the selection of best reviewed bbq gas bottles for Amazon.
Find the perfect Gas BBQ Regulator for your barbecue
Also is important keep the gas flow under control, here we bring you the best gas regulators you can find out there by price, quality and durability.
Where should you put your gas bbq?
The great advantage of this type of barbecue is that it is much easier to locate than other types. You can have it on a terrace or in the garden, without any problem, as they are much safer and there is less chance of fire.
Even if they don’t make so much smoke, ideally they should not be near doors or windows. It is also not recommended that it is near the area where you are going to eat, as the smell of gas could be annoying for your guests.
Gas barbecues are ideal for grilled chicken and skewers.
Since size is a negative factor in this type of barbecue, you should look for a place with plenty of space to install it. Usually, they are put on terraces, but if you have a big garden, you can also have it in that area without problems.
This barbecue also has some disadvantages. For example, there is its price. While it may be safer, charcoal barbecues are a cheaper investment. Also, you have to be careful that the gas cylinder does not run out of gas.
Also, you cannot enjoy the fantastic experience of lighting a barbecue. On the other hand, you can’t take it anywhere. These barbecues are big and heavy, and you have to add the extra weight of the cylinder. Although there are smaller models, they are much more bulky than other types of barbecues.
Stainless steel gas bbq
The stainless steel gas barbecue has a high durability.
Even so, they have the great advantage that they are easier to place in some area of your land, without having to worry that a fire may be caused by a small oversight.